Wotton-Under-Edge Veterinary Hospital
The Wotton Under Edge Hospital has a range of facilities available for small animals, exotics, llamas and alpacas. The hospital provides an emergency service and has achieved the highest possible accreditation by the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons which means that your pet will always receive the highest standards of care.
Emergencies are seen at Wotton-under-Edge until 9.30p.m. on a weekday and on Saturday and Sunday mornings so please ring before you attend the hospital where possible. At all other times and overnight emergencies are seen at the Rowe Veterinary Hospital in Bradley Stoke. The phone will always be personally answered 24hrs a day, 7 days a week. Tel: 01453 843295
The hospital is one of only a handful of Veterinary Hospitals in the UK that offers radioactive iodine treatment for hyperthyroid cats.
Consultations with a vet are pre-bookable by appointment and are held mornings from 9am-10.30am, afternoons from 2.10pm-3.10pm and evenings from 4.20pm-6.30pm.
Facilities and services available at the Wotton Under Edge Hospital include:
- Telephone calls always personally answered by our friendly reception and nursing staff
- Dedicated operating theatres equipped with the latest technology
- Purpose built radiotherapy unit for the treatment of hyperthyroidism in cats
- Digital x-ray equipment
- Advanced anaesthesia facilities including blood pressure monitoring, pulse oximetry and electrocardiography
- Dedicated orthopaedic operating theatre and surgeon
- Exotic animal department offering expert veterinary care
- Support from our referral service offering advice and care on complex medical conditions.
- Isolation ward
- On site Laboratory that quickly produces results on tests which help us in an emergency.
- Retail area where you can choose from a wide range of pet foods and accessories. If we don't have the item that you require we can usually order it in for you by the next working day.